Edward’s was established in 1952 by Ivan Edwards.
Edwards originally shared a building with V. Gross & Company, and then relocated to the old Sears building. In 1958, he moved to the Lincoln Road area, where he purchased the old DeSoto Dealership, where Taco Bell is now located.
The business was purchased in 1978 by Skip (Orval) Dufour and Wayne Owens. In 1990, they moved the business to the 6th Avenue North location, where Goodwill is now located. In 1995 Dufour bought out his partner to become the sole owner.
In 2007 Skip started planning for his retirement. In February of 2008, Skip sold the business to his step-son, Mark Wirhanowicz. When Mark bought the business he decided to downsize to make it more manageable. At that time, they moved to their current location at 3021 North Lincoln Road, next to Hilltop RV. Several equipment updates were made at that time. Edwards now has a very modern body and paint shop which meets all State and Federal regulations.
All of our employees are State and ATEG Certified. To keep up with the changes in the automotive industry, we are always updating our education. All of our Body Techs and Estimators attend at least two schools a year for recertification.
At Edwards, we strive to make getting your car fixed as easy as possible. We work with all Insurance Companies. We are state licensed and fully insured.
We work on all makes, models and sizes of cars, trucks, motor homes and campers. We have or will work on anything from antique tractors to brand new Cadillac’s, we’ve seen it all. From minor dents and scratches to major collision repair, we can handle it all.